FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: May 24, 2017
The Surrey Board of Trade will continue to instigate change through government advocacy by asking for support of their policies by their peers at the annual convention of the BC Chamber of Commerce this weekend in Victoria from May 25-28, 2017.
Watch for news and details on Surrey Board of Trade policies as they are released this weekend.
“Even though the Surrey Board of Trade can advocate on its own to the various levels of government, it is always helpful when we receive support of our leadership oriented policies by other chambers of commerce and boards of trade,” said Anita Huberman, CEO Surrey Board of Trade.
“The BC Chamber of Commerce, as the provincial business organization, will also be advocating on our policy perspectives for us with the provincial government.”
Policies that the Surrey Board of Trade wrote and will be presenting are:
1. Sugar Sweetened Beverage Tax
3. Youth Entrepreneurship
4. Manufacturing – Skilled Workforce
5. Marijuana – Ensuring the Safety of Workers & Business
6. Cyber crime – Countering Costly Cyber crime
7. Transitioning Workers to Full Employment
Other co-sponsored resolutions with other Chambers of Commerce/Boards of Trade are:
1. East-West Connector Between Abbotsford Airport & Highway 99
2. Growing BC’s Workforce Through Consistent Investment in BC’s Public Arts & Culture Sector