Target Audience: Canadian exporters, importers, customs brokers, lawyers and students.
Training sessions about Incoterms® 2020 are being held across Canada to help Canadian businesses prepare for changes to Incoterms®, which take effect in January 2020. These training sessions will help businesses of all sizes succeed in global markets and avoid costly misunderstandings by defining costs, risks and obligations in each type of international trade transaction.
The Forum for International Trade Training, the Canadian Chamber of Commerce and the Surrey Board of Trade are offering the training in partnership with Trade Commissioners and Export Development Canada.
In September 2019, the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) published an important update to Incoterms®. They come into effect January 2020. Incoterms® 2020 will influence how companies understand their responsibilities at each stage of an international trade transaction, with potential implications for their bottom line.
Participants will learn how to:
• properly incorporate Incoterms® 2020 into pro forma invoices and sales contracts
• identify corporate sales strategies that lower risks and costs
• identify correct Incoterms® 2020 rules for specific transactions
• determine obligations, risks and costs for both sellers and buyers
• avoid common errors when using Incoterms
• use Incoterms to their company’s advantage
Upcoming Incoterms® 2020 events:
• Ottawa, ON – December 5, 2019
• Greater Toronto Area, ON – December 4th, 2019
• Surrey, BC – December 5 2019 – additional sessions to come in 2020 https://business.businessinsurrey.com/events/details/december-5-2019-incoterms-2020-training-presented-by-sbot-10725
• Sudbury, ON – December 6, 2019
• Vancouver, BC – December 6, 2019
• Winnipeg, MN -TBC