Youth Leaders – Entrepreneurs and Career Pathways
Surrey is a young, rapidly growing city with one third of its population under the age of 19. Given persistently high rates of youth unemployment in British Columbia—at 13.6 percent, more than double the national average—preparing youth to follow an entrepreneurial path is not only an acceptable choice, but also a strategic decision. The Surrey Board of Trade programs introduce youth to career pathways, and develop practical entrepreneurial skills.
The Surrey Board of Trade focuses on the following youth programs and initiatives:
1. Optimize the regulatory environment
2. Enhance entrepreneurship education and skills development
3. Facilitate technology exchange and innovation
4. Improve access to finance
5. Promote awareness and networking