To ensure your business or organization stays ahead of the competition and embraces the challenges posed by the local and global marketplace. Investment in developing high-level skills within your workforce is key.
Investing in Your Business
Through our business workshops, the owner and the employees of a business or organization will benefit from:
- Learning that can be applied immediately in the workplace.
- Staff with the skills knowledge and confidence to ask the right questions and make timely, informed decisions.
- High-level skills development to meet the needs of the business.
- Flexible and cost-effective workshops to minimize time spent away from the workplace
Surrey Board of Trade Business Workshops will offer owners, management and employees the opportunity to acquire new skills and enhance their existing work-based experience to give them the competitive edge.
The Surrey Board of Trade’s business and professional development workshops are organized under the following core areas as an ongoing initiative:
- Managing People
- Managing Yourself
- Managing Growth
- Managing Your Business
All workshops take place at the Surrey Board of Trade office (101-14439 104 Avenue, Surrey) from 8:00am – 10:00am and admission is $25 + tax per person for members and $35 + tax for non-members, unless otherwise noted.
To Identify a Topic
If there is a specific topic that you do not see listed below that you are interested in, please email Rhona Doria, Events and Sponsorship Coordinator, at email@example.com
To Facilitate a Workshop
Please complete and submit the following documents to Rhona Doria Rhona@businessinsurrey.com:
- Short Biography
Note: Preference will be given to members of The Surrey Board of Trade. Become a member today!
Prospective facilitators are more likely to be selected if they:
- Submit completed proposals and additional required documents
- Match proposed topics to SBOT programming
- Have strong credentials and reputation in area of expertise
- Their past sessions are consistently well rated
- Proposal submissions are reviewed monthly
- Programming is thereafter scheduled quarterly
- Proposals are considered active for two years from the date of submission
- Only selected facilitator proposals will be contacted for scheduling
Benefits to Facilitating a Business Workshop
- Build your speaking and professional portfolio
- Submit articles for consideration to the (Surrey Business News)
- Network with Surrey Board of Trade members and the Surrey Business community
- Engage in a collaborative learning experience in which both speakers and participants benefit
Note: The Surrey Board of Trade requests that presenters donate their time and expertise. Facilitators will not receive financial compensation.
Small Business BC Webinars
The Surrey Board of Trade is a partner of Small Business BC and are pleased to be one of their delivery locations.