Surrey Arts & Business Awards
The Surrey Arts & Business Awards showcases Surrey’s Creative Industry recognizes individuals and businesses that are committed to enriching Surrey through the arts, thus enhancing Surrey’s livability. The Surrey Board of Trade is committed to cultivating and sustaining a healthy and inclusive city and work towards ensuring that the cultural richness of Surrey is reflected through these awards.
Nominations are closed for 2021.
- Arts & Innovation Award: Awarded for originality, ingenuity, and resourcefulness within the creative sector (music, dance, visual art, literature). Open to individuals and businesses.
- Cultural Ambassador: Awarded to an individual or business that has significantly contributed to Surrey’s arts and cultural community and raised the visibility of Surrey’s creative industry. May include exemplary work across disciplines (as an artist or administrator) as well as advocating for and promoting the value of arts and culture.
- Philanthropy Award: Awarded to an individual or business that has generously contributed to arts and culture through grants, donations or other investments.
- Legacy Award: Awarded for a rich and enlightening career in the arts. This individual or business may be celebrating a milestone anniversary or capping off a long career in the creative economy industry. Ultimately Surrey is more vibrant for their long-standing contributions.
- Music Award: Awarded to an individual or company that either supports musicians or has excelled in the musical industry.
Please submit your nomination to:
Arts and Innovation Award Category – Sandeep Johal
Cultural Ambassador Award Category – Comfort Adesuwa Ero | African Stages Association
Music Award Category – Luv Randhawa
Legacy Award Category – The Fraser Valley Musical Theatre
Recognition for Philanthropy – Shaw Communications Inc.
Check this for more information about the winners.