Surrey Innovation Awards
The Surrey Innovation Awards celebrates, educates, and connects innovators across all industries by Surrey businesses and helps make Surrey a recognized hub of innovation by igniting a new narrative for our city, strengthening its economic future and building the spirit of innovation.
“It is Surrey’s innovative companies that will meet the challenges of the new economy, expanding opportunity in this great city and improving lives around the globe”
– Anita Huberman, CEO, Surrey Board of Trade
- Transforming ideas into commercial reality
- Improving business processes
- Tying academic research and developments into commercial reality
- Innovation requires collaboration across a wide range of constituencies, including corporate leaders, start-up entrepreneurs, university leaders, faculty members, and students, investors, and public officials.
On Wednesday, November 20th at the 6th Surrey Innovation Awards Lunch, the Surrey Board of Trade will welcome keynote speaker Steve Forbes, Chairman and Editor-in-Chief of Forbes Media, the technology driven global media and branding company.
Forbes.com has become one of the world’s most influential websites, with nearly 75 million unique visitors a month. The company’s flagship publication, Forbes, is the nation’s leading business magazine, with a readership of 6.2 million in the USA. The company’s 38 local editions around the world, including Forbes Asia, together have a circulation of almost 1.2 million.
Mr. Forbes writes editorials for Forbes under the heading of “Fact and Comment.” A widely respected economic prognosticator, he is the only writer to have won the highly prestigious Crystal Owl Award four times. The prize was formerly given by U.S. Steel Corporation to the financial journalist whose economic forecasts for the coming year proved most accurate
Nomination deadline: Friday, September 27, 2019
Based on a possible maximum score of 100, each category will be awarded a maximum of 20 points:
- Intellectual Achievement – The degree of intellectual achievement or quality of ingenious thinking and experiment to discover, create or conceive the innovation.
- Uniqueness and Originality – Refers to the state of being original; the freshness of aspect, design or style utilized to produce the invention.
- Development – Refers to the extent to which the idea or concept has been thought through to completion.
- Commercialization – Refers to the degree of successful commercialization or quantifiable impact of the innovation.
- Benefits – Refers to the economic and/or social benefit to Canada resulting from the innovation.
Please submit your nomination to:
Excellence in Innovation Category: ARKTOS Developments Ltd.
Young Innovator Category: Focused Interiors
Small Business Category
Large Business Category
Young Innovator Category
Shawn Davis – Compy Inc.
West Coast Centre for Learning
Young Innovator Award
WINNER: George Cheng, Empower Operations Corporation
Small Business Innovation Award
WINNER: Vantek Innovations
Organization Innovation Award
WINNER: Pacific Community Resources Society
Young Innovator Award
Winner: Sean Bindra
Excellence in Innovation Award
Winner: SOFTAC Systems Ltd.