Surrey Innovation Awards
The Surrey Innovation Awards celebrates, educates, and connects innovators across all industries by Surrey businesses and helps make Surrey a recognized hub of innovation by igniting a new narrative for our city, strengthening its economic future and building the spirit of innovation.
“It is Surrey’s innovative companies that will meet the challenges of the new economy, expanding opportunity in this great city and improving lives around the globe”
– Anita Huberman, CEO, Surrey Board of Trade
- Transforming ideas into commercial reality
- Improving business processes
- Tying academic research and developments into commercial reality
- Innovation requires collaboration across a wide range of constituencies, including corporate leaders, start-up entrepreneurs, university leaders, faculty members, and students, investors, and public officials.
Nominations for 2018 are now closed. Check back soon for the 2019 form.
Based on a possible maximum score of 100, each category will be awarded a maximum of 20 points:
- Intellectual Achievement – The degree of intellectual achievement or quality of ingenious thinking and experiment to discover, create or conceive the innovation.
- Uniqueness and Originality – Refers to the state of being original; the freshness of aspect, design or style utilized to produce the invention.
- Development – Refers to the extent to which the idea or concept has been thought through to completion.
- Commercialization – Refers to the degree of successful commercialization or quantifiable impact of the innovation.
- Benefits – Refers to the economic and/or social benefit to Canada resulting from the innovation.
Please submit your nomination to:
Excellence in Innovation Category: ARKTOS Developments Ltd.
Young Innovator Category: Focused Interiors
Small Business Category
Large Business Category
Young Innovator Category
Shawn Davis – Compy Inc.
West Coast Centre for Learning
Young Innovator Award
WINNER: George Cheng, Empower Operations Corporation
Small Business Innovation Award
WINNER: Vantek Innovations
Organization Innovation Award
WINNER: Pacific Community Resources Society
Young Innovator Award
Winner: Sean Bindra
Excellence in Innovation Award
Winner: SOFTAC Systems Ltd.