Surrey’s Top 25 Under 25 Awards
The Surrey Board of Trade recognizes business and community-minded people under the age of 25, either working in Surrey or working on a business or community-related project in Surrey. The top 25 winners are annually recognized as role models for their community at an awards reception on May 3, 2023.
This year’s event featured George Stromboulopoulos as guest speaker. George is a multi-talented storyteller and media personality with over 30 years of working in television and radio. He reaches a global audience through his weekly Apple Music radio show, STROMBO, which is heard in 160+ countries and has over 70 million subscribers. He also curates an online book club, Strombo’s Lit, for Apple Books.
STAY TUNED FOR THE 2024 EVENT DETAILS
Nomination deadline is February 14, 2024.
The Judging Criteria are:
Must be working on/worked on a business or community project in Surrey (including students) and/or;
Must be working in the Surrey business community and/or;
Must be contributing/ have recently contributed to a business or community-related project in Surrey and;
Must be 25 years of age or younger before May 1, 2023.
1. Amadea de Wit, Alivio Technologies and SFU Mechatronics System Engineering, 21
2. Anmol Sandhu, The Red Badge Foundation, 20
3. Armaan Dhillon, Kwantlen University Student Association, 21
4. Colton Sandberg, Cove-Healthy Living Service Hub/Surrey Mobilization and Resiliency Table, 25
5. Ekam Panesar, DishPal Restaurant Services Corp, 21
6. Finn Liu, Fraser Heights Secondary School, 16
7. Glisha Nadine Dela Cruz, Audio Engineer, Singer/Songwriter, Global Peace Alliance BC, 22
8. Gurleena Sukhija, Anti-Prejudice Project, 17
9. Helen Sofia Pahaou, Simon Fraser Student Society, 25
10. Huzaifa Wahla, Coolares, 23
11. Ishaan Kohli, SkyAcres Agrotechnologies Inc, 24
12. Ishant Goyal, Freshslice Pizza and Kwantlen Polytechnic University, 22
13. Jasmeen Kaur Sran, BC’s Childhood Cancer Society, 18
14. Jasmine Broeder, Surrey Pride Society, 24
15. Joban Sran, A Second Chance- Harm Reduction Society, 24
16. Madison Fleischer, Slava Sweatshirts Inc., 23
17. Monika Jandu, Young Minds Exploring Science, 22
18. Prab Mangat, Generate Agent Leads, 23
19. Qudrat Aujla, BC Children’s Hospital BioBank, 25
20. Ryan Stolys, One Iota Performance Inc., 24
21. Sarthak Tyagi, Smart Navigation Cane and Home Security System, 19
22. Shawn Domingo, Domingo & Associates Real Estate Group, Balens Grooming Products and Snipes for Smiles, 25
23. Sohat Sharma, Melius Mentorship Network, 22
24. Simrit Mangat, NailSight App, 17
25. Zora Heer, LA Matheson Secondary School, 17
The Honorary Health & Safety in the Workplace Award goes to Jasmine Broeder.