What is #SurreyStrong?
#SurreyStrong is a shop local initiative of the Surrey Board of Trade, aimed at boosting local spending. This is a rallying cry – an inspirational call to action. We can come out of this pandemic stronger because we looked out for each other. It takes a village. WE ARE THE VILLAGE. The #SurreyStrong campaign is composed of:
- A Surrey shopper survey to understand local shopping patterns and how local businesses can better serve shoppers and compete against big box stores and online giants. Read the summary report.
- Focus groups of local business representatives to better understand the challenges of local retailers.
- A digital toolkit for businesses to both expand their reach and draw attention to their local business, and align themselves with the #SurreyStrong campaign.
- A video series of stories featuring local business owners.
- A media campaign to promote the #SurreyStrong initiative.
What it means for Surrey shoppers
Surrey shoppers are the reason that local businesses have been surviving. We want to show our appreciation and encourage more to transition to supporting local businesses. The impact of spending at a locally-owned business is clear. For every $100 spent locally, $63 is recirculated into the local economy, versus $14 for every $100 spent at multinational businesses.
Shoppers are encouraged to explore locally-owned businesses. We continue to distribute window stickers for businesses and encourage shoppers to snap a photo and share on social media to continue the spirit and messaging of our Surrey Strong Campaign.
What it means for Surrey businesses
Small businesses are the backbone of our economy, but they have been shattered by the pandemic. We want to strengthen locally-owned businesses so that we all come out of this together. Businesses will be provided with a toolkit to extend their social media reach and understand the tools available to market their business. They will be enabled to participate and support the #SurreyStrong initiative, helping to drive more traffic to their sites or stores.
We are also gathering data to help local businesses have a better understanding of what customers want, what is important to them, and how businesses can use that information to enhance their business offerings.
Businesses will be selected to be profiled on social media throughout the campaign – sharing the story of their pandemic journey.
Request your free window sticker! Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Available in English, Punjabi, Tagalog and simplified Chinese. Report your participation in the campaign and claim your free listing by emailing email@example.com.
Printable Window Stickers (available in English, Punjabi, Tagalog and simplified Chinese)