The Surrey Board of Trade ExportSpark Support Ecosystem is an in-class international export training program for small and medium sized businesses. Different from other programs that are only offered online, or demand a large financial investment, this program gives participants a target market and an action plan for a small financial investment. Designed and facilitated in partnership with Channelspark, a trade consulting firm with over 25 years of experience, participants in the program will complete:
- a pre-program company assessment;
- a 2 hour in-class training session;
- an export readiness analysis;
- a company value proposition review and exercise;
- a review of their website; and
- take part in an additional hour of individual one-on-one mentoring
Participants will leave with:
- A clear plan of action.
- An executive summary report with recommendations on next steps.
- Recommendations for the company’s export plan.
- “Best-fit” first country market to explore.
- Outline of critical country information and market conditions.
- Overview and information about the Trade Commissioner Service and the CanExport program.
- Personal introduction to relevant consulate representatives.
Why expand to global markets?
Exporting can help you survive and grow. There are real opportunities to trade internationally. Canadian products, services and expertise continue to be in demand around the world.
Business Benefits to Exporting
- Achieve levels of growth that are not possible domestically.
- Increase the resilience of revenues and profits.
- Spread business risk.
- Achieve economies of scale not possible domestically.
- Increase the commercial lifespan of products.
- Increase the returns on investment in R&D.
- Improve financial performance.
- Improve productivity.
- Boost company profile and recognition internationally.
Am I ready to export?
The Surrey Board of Trade ExportSpark Support Ecosystem is a training program to help companies determine their international capabilities, review their product & marketing message, and learn what to include in their export plan. Through surveys and expert advice, ExportSpark helps companies quickly determine which global markets fit best and what marketing or messaging needs to be upgraded for export success.
Where do I start?