The Surrey Board of Trade is proud to provide its members with exclusive benefits. Surrey Board of Trade members are eligible for special discounts from fellow members.
- Contacts with business and political leaders, creating a strong local, provincial and federal economy.
- Involved in promoting the community (branding Surrey)
- Opportunity to serve on an advocacy team
- Surrey Board of Trade becomes your “hidden employee” working on issues for you
- Over 100 events a year (specialized networking programs); member pricing on all SBOT events
- Networking events included in membership – minimum 2 every month
- Training – Education
- Opportunity to serve on an Event Team
Business Resources and Support
- Business Name Registration (nominal fee applies)
- Use of SBoT Conference Room (nominal fee applies)
- Small Business Resource Guide
- Government Business Opportunities
- Worksafe BC Emergency Response Toolkit
Communication, Promotion & Marketing
- Flyer inserts and advertising (Business in Surrey newspaper) (fees vary
- Advertising in Membership Directory (member pricing) – Listing in Membership Directory
- Awards – Recognition – Profile
- Surrey Regional Request for Proposal Page
- Logo Usage (SBoT logo) on member website and communication material for added credibility
- Ribbon cutting and press releases
- Sponsorship (a unique form of advertising) (various levels/fees
- Website advertising (nominal fee applies) and business directory listing
- Enhanced Web Listing (nominal fee applies)
- Email blasts to membership (nominal fee applies)
- Advertising in Member-to-Member Deals Directory (nominal fee applies) – Free listing in M2M Deals Directory
- JoyTV TV spots (nominal fee applies)
Cost Saving Benefits
- Airport parking – YVR (Vancouver)
- Innovative payroll services with preferred rates
- Gas discount cards for National Brands
- Group Insurance Plan
- Merchant (credit card) discounts – VISA, MasterCard, Interact, Point of Sale terminals
- Partners-In-Marketing Program – Marketing Services
- Special Pricing for Sports & Entertainment
- Copy & Print Discounts
- American Express Card Incentives
- Courier Service Discounts
- Travel & Hotel Discounts
- HUB Cycling bike discounts
- Export Documentation (nominal fee applies)
- International Connections – Business delegations, business matching with foreign business delegations
- Roundtable discussions with Ambassadors, Trade Consuls and Trade Ministers
- Global trip discounts and opportunities
We have partnered with several organizations in order to bring our members special opportunities and exclusive savings. The following list highlights our current benefit partners.
Please note that all partners listed below may contact Surrey Board of Trade members.
ADR Institude of British Columbia (ADRBC)
The Surrey Board of Trade has partnered with the ADRBC to develop the SBOT Dispute Resolution Program.
As a member of The Surrey Board of Trade, you can quickly resolve disputes with low cost Arbitration &/or Mediation services.
Designed for disputes with claim values less than $50,000 this program is ideal as a means to resolve commercial, business or workplace issues at reasonable fixed SBOT program rates.
To learn more about using this program as a faster, easier pathway to resolving disputes outside of litigation, visit https://adrbc.com/SBOTRoster
For more information, please contact the ADRBC office at 604-736-6614 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
American Express custom payment solutions help you manage your company expenses and enjoy significant cost savings over manual cheques or other forms of payment.
Enjoy the benefits of being a member of SBOT with rewards from American Express!
Here are some ways American Express can help your business:
· Off-Balance Sheet Short Term Financing
· No interest float for up to 60 days
· Cash Flow –Maintain your resources for large capital expenditures for other business expenses by floating expenses on Amex
· Alternative source of credit. No need to draw down on existing lines of credit.
· Membership Reward Points. The best return in the business! Convert every invoice into a reward for your business or you personally.
· Bonus – Amex can complement your B2B sales efforts by helping you acquire new business or grow your existing sales.
To get details on the program, please visit:
All Surrey Board of Trade Members will receive a discounted ticket rate for all 2019 regular season home games. Come out to BC Place and enjoy hard-hitting non-stop BC Lions action. To take advantage of this special offer please click HERE and enter the promo code: SBOT.
Looking to wear your PRIDE on your sleeve at BC Place during the 2019 season. As a special offer to Surrey Board of Trade members, you can gear up for BC Lions game day with a special 10% off ALL merchandise through our online store. Simply click here and on your purchase, enter the special promo savings code: SBTRADE10
Business in Vancouver
SBOT members will receive a complimentary subscription to Business in Vancouver. This is an $99 value and includes the weekly print edition, e -news letters and unlimited access to website & online story archives.
Group Insurance Plan
Brought to you through S + F Group Benefits Inc., this plan takes advantage of the membership in Boards of Trade/Chambers of Commerce across Canada to offer some of the best rates around for group insurance for small business. They serve companies that have 1-50 employees.
3.5 cents/litre discount for members on the pump prices of fuel.
Imperial Oil is pleased to offer the opportunity for employees of Surrey Board of Trade member businesses to enroll in the Esso Business Card program. This program offers a rebate of 3.5 cents per litre on fuel purchases at over 1,850 Esso stations across Canada!
Surrey Board of Trade has partnered with First Data Canada, a leader in the payments industry, to help your business Sell More and Save More. All member are provided exclusive low rates on merchant services; low credit and debit card processing costs, ecommerce tools, mobile payment apps, and a user-friendly online reporting tool to support and grow your business.
Does your business accept Credit/Debit card payments?
Earn a $1,000 MasterCard gift card if First Data cannot beat your current rates! To get started, all that is needed is 1 copy of your merchant statement and 5 minutes of your time.
Grand & Toy
Specialized program extends more choices and deeper savings. Through the purchasing power of the Board of Trade, we are able to provide a specialized program that extends preferred pricing to all qualified members.
Receive up to 25% off over 7,500 quality office products including; office supplies, technology, furniture, cleaning, break room, print and promotional products. Experience the value by shopping at Grand & Toy today.
Employee health and wellness programs are a key strategy to recruit and retain top talent and increase employee productivity. Become certified as a Bike Friendly Business with HUB Cycling and support an increase in cycling to the workplace. We work with you to optimize your cycling facilities, amenities and staff engagement and publicize your efforts at HUB’s annual Bike Friendly Business Awards. Achieve best practices and receive from bronze through to platinum recognition. Surrey Board of Trade members receive 10% off Workplace Cycling Workshops, and those with over 25 employees are eligible for a free employee cycling survey.
Learn more at bikehub.ca/bfb
Indus Travels offers custom, escorted tours and independent vacations to over 50 countries worldwide at unbeatable prices and with unparalleled comfort. Indus Travels has taken care of all the details so you don’t have to.
The Surrey Board of Trade is proud to offer opportunities to join us on global trips throughout the year. Learn more about international markets, create new contacts and expand your business.
See how you can join us on global trips throughout the year!
Innovative Fitness Is About More Than Lifting Weights, We Are About Personal Reinvention.
We have passionate and experienced fitness coaches, boutique training facilities and an inspiring community. This is personal training that makes a real difference.
Make A Difference
With A Focus On Excellence, Challenge And Engagement, Our Diverse Team Of Highly Qualified Professionals Uses A Tailored, Integrated Approach To Help You Achieve Your Fitness And Lifestyle Goals.
We Want To Help You Celebrate Your Victory, Whatever Your Challenges Are.
More Than Just “lifting Weights,” At Innovative Fitness, We Are About Lifestyle Management. We Have Built A Tailored And Collective Approach To Better Match Our Training Coaches To You, Maximizing Our Working Relationship.
Be Your Best
Excellence Is The Minimum Expectation At Innovative Fitness. Because Our Members Deserve The Best, Our Daily Focus Includes Always Training With Your Goals In Mind, Ensuring A Clean And Organized Facility And Making Sure We All Know Your Name.
Surrey Board of Trade members a 15% discount on their initial package purchase redeemable at their White Rock, Kitsilano and TELUS Garden location.
For more information, please contact our Membership Coordinator directly at email@example.com or 604.634.0348
Every day Kubera helps clients move millions of dollars in-store, online and on mobile phones for companies across North America. Kubera’s team of experts can advise you on the best way to securely and reliably accept payments.
Surrey Board of Trade has partnered with Kubera Payments, in order to give you preferential processing rates, payment security consulting, integration support and more.
BluePay is partnered with authorized agent Chris Browes from the BC based Kubera Payments team to provide industry leading payments services and solutions to SBOT members.
Kubera in partnership with BluePay are able to offer the following solutions:
– The widest range of processing partners and POS integration options available
– Industry leading preferential processing rates for members
– PCI and PA:DSS compliance consulting services
– Integration support and management teams
– Electronic invoicing and payment
– Custom hosted payment form set up
-Web development services
– Local support
Visit Kubera Payments for more information on this exclusive offer or contact Chris Browes.
Fore more infromation, please contact Chris Browes at:
The Surrey Board of Trade and Kwantlen Polytechnic’s School of Business have partnered to create the Partners-in-Marketing program. The program provides local SBOT members the opportunity to work with motivated students and experience faculty in solving their marketing problems.
SBOT members receive analysis and recommendations on how best to address their marketing needs. The student teams are supervised by expert faculty with extensive industry and educational backgrounds. Members can apply to work with faculty led student teams on a variety of projects including:
- Developing a marketing plan
- Conducting marketing research
- Creating an integrated marketing communications program
- Conducting an overall marketing assessment and consulting program
For more information please contact Neil Tracey at firstname.lastname@example.org
SBOT Travel Discount Program
SBOT is pleased to offer an exclusive worldwide travel discount service to our members. Savings may exceed 50%, and average 10-20% below-market on all hotels and car rental suppliers around the world.
Save time and money. Let us negotiate the best deals and comparison price for you.
Any hotel, any car, anywhere, anytime.
Members can access the deal under ‘Links’ in the sidebar of their Member Information Centre.
Are you looking for a credit and debit card processor? Payfirma offers all SBoT members the best rates for merchant payment processing in Canada.
Visa Discount Rate at 1.54%*, MasterCard Discount Rate at 1.59%*, and Interac at $0.06. With the Interchange Plus Pricing model, merchants will never pay non-qualified surcharges!
** Interchange base rates are set by the Card Brands. Added base rate for VISA before interchange plus is 0.15%. Added base rate for MasterCard before interchange plus rate is 0.20%. INTERAC rate is per swiped transaction.
Heading for the Vancouver International Airport and thinking about using Park’N Fly services for the first time? Take advantage of a member benefit of two complimentary days parking. From then on, prove you’re a member and get a substantial discount for belonging to the Surrey Board of Trade.
Interested in free parking? You can now earn free parking stays when you stay at Park’N Fly. Simply by joining the Park’N Fly Rewards program, you can start earning points towards free parking days. There’s no cost to join and it’s simple and easy to enroll. Parking at Park’N Fly has never been better!
The Payworks payroll solution includes the following: pay employees through direct deposit or cheques, remittances to CRA, T4 slips and records of employment, as well as a robust reporting feature.
Members of the Surrey Board of Trade are entitled to exclusive discounted pricing of $15.60 per payroll run, $1.32 per payment and a one-time setup fee of $200.00. Choose our Go-Green paperless payroll option to get an additional discount per payroll run and per employee charge when there is no delivery of reports or pay statements from Payworks.
*Please note all prices are subject to change without notice as per the terms of your service agreement
The Surrey Board of Trade (SBOT) has partnered with Peninsula Canada who is the globally trusted provider of employment relations and HR services.
Peninsula Canada provides comprehensive around-the-clock advice and support that’s custom-tailored to each and every business.
Our services are affordable at a fixed monthly rate. With our handpicked team of HR experts, you can shift your focus with ease knowing that your employment matters are in the right hands. It’s more time for you to focus on what you do best: growing your business.
Get a complimentary consultation by calling Pierre Bourbonnais at (604) 351 1645 or email email@example.com . It’s in your favour to speak with a consultant to ensure that all your obligations as an employer are met.
As part of our partnership with SBOT we are offering a 5% discount to all members.
Peninsula Canada is the big company backup that’s right at your fingertips. We’ve got you covered.
Surrey Board of Trade presents PressReader: The world’s largest all-you-can-read newspapers and magazines platform.
Through the new partnership with PressReader, Surrey Board of Trade delivers unlimited access to thousands of newspapers and magazines to its members.
A collaboration perfect for businesses looking to enhance their corporate culture, improve market insight, and better distribute their content at a local and global level.
As leaders in your respective industries, PressReader doubles up as a business resource tool and a benefit for employees fostering an environment for better engagement and collaboration around the topics important to you.
PressReader offers your business
* Unlimited access to over 7,000 newspapers and magazines
* Keyword search tool to keep you informed and up-to-date
* Topic alerts delivered directly to your inbox on topics you care about
* Exclusive executive accounts for C-Level staff
* Instant translation in up to 18 different languages
With the Shell Fleet Card™, Surrey Board of Trade members receive exclusive access to fuel saving of up to 6₵ off each litre, Air Miles Reward Miles, access to 1,350+ Shell stations accross Canada, discounts on oil changes, and more.
(Terms & Conditions Apply)
For more information on the Shell Fleet Navigator program, please contact:
Staples Copy & Print
With the growing partnership between Staples and Surrey Board of Trade, we at Staples, are able to introduce an exclusive pricing structure for all Surrey Board of Trade members who shop at our Staples Copy and Print Centres. These instant discounts are available only on the presentation of the Staples Copy Card, which have been distributed to all members recently. Do not have one?
We have 4 stores in Surrey and have over 320 national locations to choose from. Have a digital file? Then for your convenience you can order online, staplescopyandprint.ca and pick up at ANY Staples location in Canada, at no additional charge. The discount will be applied upon pick up. Think about all your invoicing at one location, but your national sales teams able to pick up anywhere. Click here to read more about Staples Copy and Print Centres.
Enjoy the discount at our Copy and Print Centres, and reap the benefits of membership with the Surrey Board of Trade.
Let us show you the many ways it pays to be part of the Surrey Board of Trade. This program is available to Members and their employees.
You can count on The Co-operators Group Home Insurance program to provide dependable coverage, preferred rates and a personal level of service you will truly appreciate. Take advantage of the discounts and savings available through our partnership with The Surrey Board of Trade. We provide coverage tailored to you.
We understand that everyone has different needs when it comes to insurance, we make it easy to choose the right coverage for what matters the most. Take a closer look at just a few of our many features and benefits that may be of special interest to you.
Enjoy the convenience. Call and speak to our award-winning team of over 200 licensed insurance experts. Get quotes securely online, select e-policy delivery and manage or view your policy with Online Services.
Exclusive group discounts. Members receive preferred rates and access to exclusive discounts upon joining our program.
CustomerPerks.® Provides Home insurance clients with access to hundreds of discounts from leading brand name companies and local shops through an easy-to-use web portal. Whether you prefer tickets, dining, shoes or travel, there’s something for everyone.
Get a quote for your chance to win! Call us or get an online quote today for your chance to win $25,000 PLUS 64 prizes of $500!† Already a client? You’re automatically entered!
Make the most out of your Surrey Board of Trade membership and take advantage of some of the most competitive rates available on shipping services with the UPS Members Benefit Program. We’re excited to share this opportunity with you and enhance our members’ savings through UPS. See how you’ll save:
Small Package Services:
- 40% off shipments within Canada
- 40% off shipments to the U.S.
- 40% off shipments to worldwide destinations
- 45% off imports into Canada
- Savings start at 75% off on heavyweight, Less than Truckload shipments (150 lb. +)
- 20% off brokerage entry preparation fees
- Weekly service charge (automatic daily pickup): 100% waiver
- UPS On-Call Pickup® service: 100% waiver
- Freight Collect 3rd Party Surcharge: 100% waiver
- *UPS Open Access Fee is now waived for SBoT members
The UPS Store®
- With The UPS Store ‘Get More’ card, you receive:
- 10% off printing, packaging, mailbox rentals
- Bonus Aeroplan® miles with every purchase
Put logistics to work for you. You can receive these discounts even if you already have a UPS account. It’s free to sign up and there are no minimum shipping requirements. To enroll and start saving, call 1-800-MEMBERS (1-800-636-2377), M-F, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. EST. Obtain The UPS Store ‘Get More’ card.
Visit: www.membersbenefitprogram.com/SBT of this exclusive offer!
For more information, please contact Brian Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a valued Partner of the Vancouver Canucks, we are pleased to offer exclusive tickets for SBOT members.
With a rich history of 40 years Vancouver Whitecaps FC have been part of the very fabric of soccer in BC from youth development to professional teams.
The Vancouver Whitecaps are proud to offer all members of the Surrey Board of Trade THREE exclusive benefits:
Specially-Priced Full Season Memberships
- Get a reduced rate on all 2019 ‘Caps Club memberships.
Specially-Priced Single Match Tickets
- Applies to all 2019 regular season matches and CCL quarterfinal.
- Please Click Here to purchase your tickets.
Specially-Priced Spring And Summer Skills Camps
- Get early bird rates for all youth skills camps in 2019.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC can also assist Surrey Board of Trade Members with:
- Client Acquisition & Retention
- Staff / Employee Rewards & Group Outings
- Premium and Suite Corporate Hospitality
- Season Tickets & Match Packages
- Youth clinics and soccer camps
- Fundraising opportunities
Wardell International and the Surrey Board of Trade have partnered to bring you complimentary access to Wardell’s Entrepreneurial Skills Program, which is normally valued at $3,500.
Access 36 business videos featuring internationally-renowned business advisor Mark Wardell, which are designed to help business owners improve their business, and improve their lives.
Grow Your Business Today!
Access 36 business videos featuring business advisor Mark Wardell.
• Learn powerful techniques for assessing problems in your business
• Gain rapid insight on how to sustainably grow your business
• Understand how to free up time and live the life you’ve always wanted
Mark Wardell is an entrepreneur, author, and internationally renowned business advisor.
As Founder and President of the consulting firm, Wardell International, and the software company, Harold, Mark has been helping business owners achieve their entrepreneurial dreams for more than 20 years.