SURREY MUSIC CITY CENTRE
The goal of the Surrey Music City Centre is to help create a vibrant and diverse music industry in the City of Surrey which facilitates successful opportunities for artists, businesses and the community.
WHAT IS A MUSIC CITY?
A music city has these essential elements:
- Artists and Musicians
- A thriving music scene
- Access to spaces and places for artists to perform and audiences to be entertained
- A receptive and engaged audience
- Record labels and other music-related businesses
Cities around the world are increasingly recognizing the potential of music as a driver of employment and economic growth. Hence our MISSION is to
- Use quality music to generate jobs, taxes and growth.
- Put music at the heart of Surrey’s economic development agenda.
- Be a leader in the development of Surrey’s “Music City.”
CREATIVE INDUSTRY FACTS:
Creative industries make a larger contribution to GDP than agriculture, forestry, electricity, gas, water and waste services, and accommodation and food services.
They employ over 647,000 people across Canada.
- Music and musician-friendly policies
- The creation of a Music Office – DONE – at #101, 14439-104 Avenue, Surrey BC
- The formulation of Music Advisory Boards
- Engaging the broader music community
- Access to spaces and places
- Audience development
- Music tourism or a Music City brand
- Music festival organizers
- Music venues
- Local promoters (who bring shows into venues that they rent)
- Recording studios
- Record labels
- Artist managers
- Music and record stores
- Music educators – post-secondary, private schools
- Tourism agencies
- Investment agencies
- Business organizations
- Hotel/motel associations
- Local arts councils
- Local radio stations – including university/school radio
MUSIC CITY PRESS
“Surrey Music City Centre“, ANITA HUBERMAN, Surrey Business News, Page 22
“Surrey as ‘Music City’: Musician and business group sound off about the possibilities“, TOM ZILLICH, Surrey Now Leader
“Surrey as ‘Music City’: Musician and business group sound off about the possibilities“, TOM ZILLICH, Peace Arch News
“Surrey Board of Trade and FUSIONpresents Sign Cooperation Agreement and Open Surrey Music City Centre Office“, ANITA HUBERMAN, Surrey Board of Trade
“SBOT and FUSIONpresents sign cooperation agreement, open Surrey Music City Centre Office“, RATTAN MALL, Voice Online
“Surrey Board of Trade Focuses on Surrey as a Music City Desitnation“, ANITA HUBERMAN, Surrey Board of Trade
“The 3 Wins of Quality Live Entertainment“, SAMI GHAWI, Surrey Business News – Page 20
For more information or to provide funding support, please contact Anita Huberman, CEO, Surrey Board of Trade at 604-634-0342 or FUSIONpresents at firstname.lastname@example.org