We are pleased to inform you that MOSAIC has been awarded funding for a new employment program by Employment and Social Development Canada, (ESDC). The WorkXP Internship Program is a unique pilot program designed to provide highly skilled immigrant professionals with meaningful work experience and establish them in the Canadian labour market through collaboration with organizations such as yours.
As we value your organization’s impact to our program and participants, we would like to invite you to become an Internship Host and help us place internationally trained professionals as a paid intern in your company. This partnership will not only help us bridge the gap in the systemic lack of work experience for immigrant professionals but will also enable you to make your workplace a more diverse and inclusive space. The WorkXP Internship Program will provide $5,000 for every intern matched with your company and funds can be used at your discretion. The program accepts participants throughout the year, and we expect our first interns to begin as early as April 2022.
The WorkXP Internship Program details are as follows:
- A minimum work experience of 400 hours (approximately 10-12 weeks) or longer, depending on your need (time and days are flexible)
- Paid internship will include a hands-on role or job shadowing, mentoring, coaching, etc.
- Regular evaluations will be conducted by WorkXP Internship Program staff to assess the performance of the intern
- Internships can be in-person, virtual, or a combination of both
- Your company will receive $5,000 for every matched intern
- The benefits of this work experience to your company include, but is not limited to:
The nurturing of diverse and skilled prospective employees with strong credentials and work experience
Bolstering your company’s corporate social responsibility initiatives by providing an opportunity to learn other cultures and practice diversity in the workplace
An opportunity to get the support you may need on tasks, backlogs, or projects
Creating valuable firsthand Canadian work experience for an immigrant professional and championing a new internship advocacy for immigrants to Canada
We encourage you to please visit our WorkXP Webpage and complete the Internship Host Registration Form. Alternatively, we can also first schedule a meeting with you to discuss any questions you may have. Please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing back from you as we aim to achieve our goal of creating a more diverse and inclusive Canadian labour market.
Find a job that works for you with the new WorkBC app
Workforce Development Board
Workforce Development Board (WDB) is working on the development of effective resources and partnership projects that support employer engagement and workforce development.
Information and resources related to supporting you or your business through COVID-19.
BC Economic Dashboard
Caregiving vs. Work – How do you balance both?
Lights, Camera, Action! How to be a Zoom Master
How to Succeed at Selling Remotely
How to Rapidly Grow Your Business, Impact, and Influence in any Economy; By Serving Not Selling
Selling in Uncertain Times
Government Funding to Assist Staff in Overcoming Work Barriers
Boost Your Online Presence
How To Position Your Brand To Be The Best So You Can Thrive In Any Economy
An Introduction to the Workforce Reset Playbook for Employers
Workforce Reset Resources
Mental Health Resources
Mental-health supports for everyone:
- Province of B.C. mental-health supports page
- B.C. COVID-19 mental health self-assessment tool
BounceBack – free online, video and phone-based skills-building program for seniors, adults and youth who are experiencing low moods, mild to moderate depression, anxiety, stress or worry
- Counselling and mental-health services – a variety of mental-health services, including low- or no-cost community counselling programs
- Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention Centre – confidential, non-judgmental, free emotional support for people experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including thoughts of suicide. Call 1 800 SUICIDE (784-2433).
- First Nations Health Authority – comprehensive mental-health and cultural supports
The KUU-US Crisis Response Service: 24-7, culturally aware, crisis support to Indigenous people in British Columbia. Call 1 800 588-8717.
Crisis services by region – a list of crisis supports and services by region. Find help near you.
Mental-health supports for youth, young adults and families
- Foundry Virtual – province wide virtual services with counselling, peer support, family support, groups and workshops via chat, voice or video calls for young people aged 12-24 and their caregivers. All services are free and confidential. Call 1 833 FOUNDRY (308-6379).
- Here2Talk – confidential, free counselling and referral services by app, phone or online chat for all registered post-secondary students, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call 1 877 857-3397, or 1 604 642-5212 if you are a student calling from outside of Canada.
- Ministry of Children and Family Development – the Ministry of Children and Family Development supports all children, youth and families in British Columbia to live safe and healthy lives and is responsible for providing programs and services to support child and youth mental health. A list of supports can be found here.
- Kids Help Phone – 24-7, immediate counselling, support, information and referrals. Youth can call 1 800 668-6868 or text TALK to 686868. Texting support for adults is available by texting TALK to 741741.
- Kelty Mental Health Resource Centre – free mental-health and substance use information, resources and peer support for B.C. parents, caregivers and families of children and youth. Call 1 800 665-1822.
Supports for seniors:
- BC211 – this service will take calls from seniors looking for help and those who would like to volunteer to help seniors in their community, including virtual or telephone.
Support for front-line health-care workers:
- Virtual peer support service and online resource hub – phone and text-based peer-support service.